Monday, June 20, 2011

June Finish

So busy with school finishing up, kids activities heating up! DS got job as a Lifeguard (YAY) which is nice, but since he doesn't have his drivers license I have to drive him and it's 45 minute round trip if traffic is good. DD has huge skating competition on Saturday, lots of practice involved. Got to the beach on Saturday, forgot the camera, but it was nice! Was happy to put this project in the mail today. Should get there in time for his Birthday party on Saturday!I don't know if you can tell, but it reads Happy Birthday Gus. I hope it works out o.k. It was a little slow going, the brown fabric was a nice thick fabric I bought at a quilt store, but once I put the heat n bond (lite) on it and started sewing it on the needle kept getting sticky and the tread shredded. Had never had that happen before, so I blame it on the thicker fabric. Was able to use rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip to clean the needle and then it went alot quicker. Perhaps I should have washed the fabric? Was also able to finish a pretty old WISP ! No picture today as my camera battery is recharging, tomorrow I'll take the pictures. Happy Quilting!

1 comment: