Thursday, March 29, 2012

Couch Pillows not Couch Potatoes !

As I finish projects and WISPs, I am also trying to use up the leftover fabric from those projects.  Typically the fabric goes back in to the container/bag/basket/tote from whence it came, collecting dust and wasting space until I come across it again.  Then I usually say, wow, I really should do something with this . . . and nothing happens.  This time I sewed the tops of these pillows right after completing the quilt in January, but I had a
few other irons in the fire that were getting pretty hot, so to speak, that needed tending to first.  Once those irons cooled, I found a piece of backing in my stash that was big enough to quilt them both on the long arm at the same time, I quilted the pillow backs on my regular machine (just straight lines) and stuffed them with cut up bits and scraps (just like the pet pillows I made last year).   Actually, only one pillow is on the couch, the other one is on a chair, and they are both in the same room as the wall hanging, which we moved from the family room to the living room. STILL have fabric left over, but not as much and I will do one smallish wallhanging to fullfill a requirement from my sewing bee that is due in May.  I guess I better start planning!  Happy Quilting !!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I love throw pillows, I wish I could make and switch out different ones for every season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cushions and very clever to quilt them both at once.

    ReplyDelete