Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!!

 A couple of sweet table toppers finished, just in time for their big day!  These are the second in the table topper of the month series by Cotton Way.  I bought the kit with the pattern and I decided to add fabrics from my stash (the plaids and white with hearts) and I mixed the fabrics together and was able to make two!   


These are cute little Valentines that my DD whipped up last night, they only took her about 30 minutes.   I got the idea from pinterest, except they used brown paper and cut out the shape of a pumpkin and used a large running stitch around them.   I gave my DD scrap booking paper to use and figured a zig zag stitch would be easier and more forgiving for her.  She cut out the hearts, sewed them up 3/4 of the way around, filled them with milk and dark chocolate m&m's and then sewed up the gap to seal them up.  She had to go around a couple of them a little extra in spots where she kind of slipped off, but she really improved as she went!  Hope your Valentine's Day is full of love and Laughter.  Happy Quilting !

No comments:

Post a Comment