Monday, March 11, 2013

March Finish

Looks like I have two finishes for March, doesn't it?  That would be nice but I am still not feeling 100 % , and unfortunately the children's school and sports activities are going full throttle with only myself to take them to and fro.   I was able to finish this in time as a birthday gift for my Step Mother in Law.  She loves red and is a fabulous cook, so I thought she might enjoy this apron.  I used my stash, and I noticed that I usually only by 1 yard pieces of my favorite colors, black, white and red.  That will have to change as I need nearly 2 yards of the main fabric to make this apron.  I improvised and used a different color for the back/lining of the apron.  If only the ruffle was a fabric that was reversible, but I didn't have any of that.   Perhaps I could have made the ruffle different, cut the strips wider and folded it in half?  I'm not sure that it would have been to heavy?  I didn't have enough time to play with it, but I love the colors of both sides.  The photo on the left is actually the "right" side.   Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment