Friday, April 16, 2010

Where have I been??






I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted! I wish I could say I have been sewing up a storm all this time, but that is not the case. Unfortunately I had a nasty virus right before, during and a bit after Easter. Then the kids were off for spring break, Hubby took off a few days and we went to a few local nautical museums etc., tons of walking and the heat was brutal - up in the 90's already! It just wore me out! I was soooooo glad when Monday came and the kids, dear hubby, and the heat WENT!! It's much cooler now, but still so busy. I had Quilt guild on the 9th, I turned in 3 finished quilts of valor (Pictures above). I love how different these quilts can be. The first two are redwork combined with "orphan" blocks that people turn in. the 3rd is a lovely scrap quilt that someone made, the QOV's can be in any color! I also finished my very own quilt of valor. I used Atkinson Designs "Lucky Stars", but ran out of fabric for the pillowcase, so I am looking for that before I actually send it away. I love how the label turned out, I used the clippings from the flying geese to make the pinwheels, then just added the muslin. I even remembered to write down the instructions so I don't have to reinvent the wheel next time! I finished quilting Gram's green & brown quilt, bound it, and it's on it's way to Massachusetts! I also finished the borders for her rail fence and am sewing the backing together today, I would LOVE to have it loaded on the longarm by tonight, so I can quilt it tomorrow - but we'll see! I was asked to be the Co-chair of the Quilt of Valor committee, and of course I couldn't say no, so I've been pretty busy with that! We had a QOV workshop on the 14th, many more signature blocks were completed, backings sewn, tops put together. I have two to quilt, one to bind, and a few to cut the batting for. (I'm in charge of the batting now) Jeepers, it's almost the weekend already?? Arrrggghhh! Better upload some photos and get cracking. Hope you have a great weekend! Ooops, I can't find the photo of my QOV!! just the label! LOL! Instead, here is Gram's quilt, and I guess I'll take a picture and post it later! Silly me!








No comments:

Post a Comment