Saturday, March 5, 2011

Early Finish



For once I have a very early OPAM finish! It was also on my WISP/UFO list, so I am glad to have it done! I actually quilted it on March 2nd and put the binding on March 3rd, I just didn't get around to taking a picture of it until last night. My Gramma had bought fabric for a coins quilt a couple of years ago and then didn't want to put it together, so she gave me the fabric. I knew she really liked it, but she was just feeling overwhelmed, so I decided to make it for her birthday. I made the quilt, which had blue as the borders, and there was enough of the fabric leftover to make another one, except for the borders. I bought green for my borders and made this one. I quilted hers and gave it to her for her birthday (and she was SOOO thrilled) That was a year and half ago! Mine just sat, waiting to be quilted. That's the way it is, isn't it? If I have a deadline such as a birthday, wedding, shower, etc., AND it's for someone else, it has a much better chance of getting done, but when it's for me . . . . Well, I finally got it done. I am not a huge fan of asian fabric, in fact this is the only time I've used it, but it reminds me of my Gram, so it's all good! What to finish next? Happy Quilting!





No comments:

Post a Comment