Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Suess!

Nothing completed here, well nothing of mine. Today is such a sunny, warmish day I thought I would take pictures outside of the latest two quilts that I quilted for my Grandmother. A little breezy so the pictures aren't so straight - but you get the idea. They remind me of Spring! The coin quilt is one of her favorite quilts to make lately, the blue one is going to go to her newest Great-Great Grandson who is due late May. The other one will be on "standby" I guess. She likes to have extras on hand, don't we all? She sent me another huge quilt for me to add borders, piece the backing and quilt and bind for her. She also sent along fabric for me to cut into rectangles so she can start another quilt! I'm almost done cutting them and will mail them along with the two completed quilts to her tomorrow, she received more snow a couple of days ago, and it's been very cold there in Massachusetts so another project is just what she needs!

Don't forget to read to your favorite little person today in honor Dr. Suess! My children's favorite writer when they were little! My great-nephew likes Dr. Suess too! (That's my dd reading to him during Thanksgiving vacation)

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment