Thursday, December 1, 2011

November Finishes

I keep thinking I had finished more things this month, and I guess I did, but other people's projects - not mine! I have done alot of long arm work this past month as people want gifts or wall hanging's done in time for Christmas. I am showing today one of the scarves that I made, but couldn't show earlier since it was a birthday present. These scarves are sooooo easy! They are knitted, which normally I can't do because of carpel tunnel and basal joint arthritis. They are made from premier yarns and is called Starbella yarn, (which I can only find at Benjamin Franklin Craft store) the yarn is like a fishing net, with a distinct top and bottom, just cast on 8 or 9 stitches and simply knit! It goes very quickly, although you have to knit slowly in order to open the top loop, I guess that's why my hands don't hurt so much when I do them! Lots of fun and really cute! Well, going to start dragging out the Christmas decorations and lights today, I bought the kid's chocolate Advent Calender a month ago . . . now where did I put them? Hope you have fun getting ready for your holiday! Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Those scarves are so addictive aren't they?
    Love the colour of the wool in this one.

    ReplyDelete