Tuesday, January 19, 2010


I didn't add a title this time to see if that makes a difference. I made a decision as to what to finish next, and I decided on putting some of this fleece together. Since moving to Virginia, I no longer have huge attic, only a small area "under the eves" Although I am short I have to stoop over to navigate in there and can only endure it for short intervals depending on the weather. Our Christmas decorations are stored there and whilst digging them out, (then returning them) I kept stumbling over (literally) this huge black trash bag, and each time I'd say "what on earth is in here" (short term memory loss) Inside are the remnants of fleece my husband and I had purchased in order to make fleece blankets with our Sunday school class in Wisconsin (6th & 7th Graders). The kids would tie them and donate them to children welfare services each December. Many of the remnants I had already cut into 5" squares. So this past weekend, after getting cable service back, I cut out more 5" squares, and laid and pinned two baby quilts while watching football with DH. Yesterday I was able to carve out a bit of time and sew them together! Needless to say, this is not the entire bag, but I have more fleece downstairs with my mini cutting board and ruler and will keep cutting and sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda,
    I am exactly like you I started a blog so I could participate in the OPAM , I was a part of it last year and found it helped keep me motivated to get something finished . I also have lots of UFO'S lurking around my sewing room and I am really determined to get that a little smaller before starting anything new ,let's see how disciplined I can be .Welcome to blog world.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete