Monday, February 28, 2011

Long List, Short Month!



19 Finishes for the month of February! Sounds more impressive than it actually is with the 13 bibs at the head of the list! By the way, I did not use a pattern for the bibs, I used a smaller paper plate for the circle template, folded it in half and cut a semi circle for the scoop at the top. I used a die cut from scrapbooking for the snowflake, and hand drew the rest of the designs on the bibs. The star I've used on other projects, once I draw something, I'll usually transfer it to cardboard and reuse it for other projects. Why reinvent the wheel? I did very well with the fabric this month considering all of the potential temptations! During the QOV workshop, held at Nancy's Calico, I only bought 4 yards of fabric (on sale) that I hope to have as finished projects very soon. Of course! Ha! This past Saturday I finished my QOV for February, and although the panels used were donated, the backing and binding was from my stash - so that was 3 5/8 out, then I reviewed my notebook and noticed that I forgot to add the pillowcase for January's QOV (wasn't done until Feb 3rd) so I used 7 1/8 yds for February with a total of 12 1/4 for 2011! YAY! It could have been much, much worse. It SHOULD have been, the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival was on from Thursday to Sunday and I had every intention of going on Friday, but on Thursday night a chest cold I had been fighting for a week won, and I wasn't up to going outside all weekend. I'm feeling better today, and of course the weather is warmer again and the quilt show with all of their lovely vendors are gone : ( I guess at least my pocketbook is happy (as well as my husband!) Happy Quilting !

No comments:

Post a Comment