Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fabric Memory Game

Wow, it has been awhile since I've posted - Blogger has completely changed!  I have alot to show, but I won't do it all at once, too long of a post.  Most of my family has been under the weather the last few weeks and now I've got bronchitis pretty bad. Case in point, I haven't sewn with either long arm or regular machine in 9 days! The photos are of a sweet little project for my great nephew Gus, a little Easter surprise, as it was tucked in a cute egg.  My niece had "pinned" a similar idea on pinterest, beautiful, but very complicated with wool framing which seemed time consuming, so I wanted to try a simpler version.
I fussy cut 2 rectangles from some fabulous fun fabric scraps that one of my "Quilting Sisters" gave me, used red flannel for the back, placed RST, batting on top, stitched a tight scant 1/4 round with just enough to turn, turned right side out and zigzagged (rather haphazardly) around as a top stitch.  It was fun, and pretty easy.  Trying to find nearly identical scraps to cut took the longest amount of time!  Immediately after I was done I thought of perhaps an even easier way to do it but haven't had the time, then didn't feel up to it.  I'll have to try that another day.  Happy quilting!

1 comment:

  1. This is the best memory game ever!!! The time you took to match the pieces was totally appreciated. SOOOO cute and well loved!

    ReplyDelete