Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Little Something for Me!

As I prepare for my trip to Massachusetts to celebrate my beloved Gram's 100th birthday . . . yes, 100th! I keep thinking how I haven't used any of the goodies I bought in June, and how excited I was with my treasures! The larger FQ pile is what I bought from Notion to Quilt, my favorite Store in Western Massachusetts! The smaller pile is what my DH bought for me later on from the same store! My sweetheart knows how I love black, white and red! I fell in love with the colorful fabric and knew just what I would do with it.  I have finally started this project, and I chose to use my favorite fat quarter and at the same time recycle a few containers!

The tall container is an oatmeal container that I can easily remove the identifying paper. I use these to hold my Panograph Patterns for my Longarm machine.  The taller nut container will be on my cutting table, to put bits from cutting in, the small nut container will be next to my machine to put threads, as well as serve as my traveling thread and scrap holder for classes and going to my Bee meetings! 
I use 330 grit sandpaper to lightly scuff the other two containers as their paper cannot be removed without damaging the container, it will help the adhesive hold better. I use a paper bag to make templates for each container. Cut them out, lay out onto fabric, then cut.  
I keep this box in the garage specifically for spraying Aleene's All Purpose Tacky Spray (outside) I sprayed a pretty thick coating and then waited about a minute before I started handling it.  I did the smaller ones first, the oatmeal container was the toughest. I added ric rac and ribbons to bring out the colors.  I could use the left over fabric for the lids, but I think I'm going to make something else instead - LOVE that fabric!  My studio feels more colorful already - Happy Quilting!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment