Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 1XMAS

I am very happy I was able to finish this tonight.  I was hoping to have two completed, but the weekend just didn't work out that way.  Up very early tomorrow to drive 10+ hours to Massachusetts, won't be back until the 27th and didn't want to miss posting my Christmas item on time!  This is an experiment.  I used the pattern I made for the stockings that our Guild made during a Quilt of Valor workshop.  We made those stockings in red, white and blue and they were filled with goodies and presented to Wounded Warriors.  At the time I wondered how to make them fancier, and I think I succeeded!  I think I will make my strips smaller next time, especially the white strips, those bother me for some reason.  Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely work Brenda. I love the trim, very festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas stocking ... the gold fringe is a lovely finish!
    What about some cute xmas buttons on the wider white strip?
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on your christmas finish. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stocking is very elegant and festive. It will look great filled with lots of gifts.

    ReplyDelete