Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 1XMAS

I am very happy I was able to finish this tonight.  I was hoping to have two completed, but the weekend just didn't work out that way.  Up very early tomorrow to drive 10+ hours to Massachusetts, won't be back until the 27th and didn't want to miss posting my Christmas item on time!  This is an experiment.  I used the pattern I made for the stockings that our Guild made during a Quilt of Valor workshop.  We made those stockings in red, white and blue and they were filled with goodies and presented to Wounded Warriors.  At the time I wondered how to make them fancier, and I think I succeeded!  I think I will make my strips smaller next time, especially the white strips, those bother me for some reason.  Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely work Brenda. I love the trim, very festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas stocking ... the gold fringe is a lovely finish!
    What about some cute xmas buttons on the wider white strip?
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on your christmas finish. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stocking is very elegant and festive. It will look great filled with lots of gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is fantastic.xx

    ReplyDelete