Friday, December 13, 2013

Stash Busting for Charity

I Finished up a UFO/WISP that wasn't officially on the list, but should have been, I believe my Gram and I made the top over 2 years ago.  I finally pieced the back, quilted and bound it Wednesday and finished the pillow case last night.  All of the fabric for this bunk bed sized quilt came from my Grandma's and my stashes, even the backing, binding and pillowcase.  The pattern is a coins quilt, which I like to use to showcase an interesting fabric.  This quilt was handed over today to the special projects committee at my guild for use at Natasha House, an organization that helps women and their families get back on their feet.  I hope that it brightens up the recipient's spirits as well as their room during their stay at Natasha's house.  Now to link up for Finish it up Fridays with AmandaJean at  Crazy Mom Quilts.  This Friday she has a quilt that is the epitome of a stash busting scrappy quilt and also happens to be fabulously FUN!   Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment