Friday, January 17, 2014

Drip, Drip . . . Drip

No, that's not a faucet, that was my nose earlier this week.  Fixed the drip, but now I'm all stuffed up, that's a bit better since it makes it easier to sew!  I finished another bag that will soon have two completed quilts in it and off to it's new owner!  The bag is constructed differently because I am using scraps from old projects and most of the time the size of the smallest fabric dictates the eventual size of the bag!  It has a nice little pocket inside.  I do not have an inch of the inside fabric left, used every last bit!   The snowman wall hanging is a bit of a disappointment.  I started working on these snowmen (15 total) in early 2001.  I had all of the elements heat n bonded in place, then put it away  A couple of years later I blanket stitched around the hats and scarves and started on the embroidery, then put it away for quite awhile.  I started bringing it to Friday's bee as handwork if we weren't working on a project and one Friday pulled it out and all of the snowmen were done!  The disappointing part is that I don't remember how I laid them out or what was I going to do to finish them.  I had fabric with them that I though I intended to use with it, so I made this one and I just don't like it.  Of course in hindsight, now I would have used a light weight interfacing on the white so the background fabric wouldn't be visable.  I quilted it with
sewing machine and it turned out a bit baggy and my binding is ridiculously askew.  Not terribly excited about finishing up the remaining 12.  Boo.  Hiss.    Speaking of hiss,  I have never heard my sweet little Samantha utter that noise.  She barely meows.  She has her little spots in my studio, basking in the sun.  Doesn't she look gloriously comfy?   I guess I'll have to sleep on what to do!   Till then I'll link up with my crazy mom quilts for Finish it up Friday!                                         Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment