Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!


I have not sewn in ten days, and that is ten days too long!  In the past ten days I don't believe I have spent even one solid hour in my sewing haven that did not involve Christmas decorations of some sort, and not only does that not feel right, it doesn't even sound right!  One of my new years resolutions is to STITCH EVERY DAY.  Yup, 365 days of stitching!  What kind of stitches?  Whatever kind of stitches that suit my fancy, or I that I find most convenient for that particular day.   The stitches can either be sewn, quilted, crocheted, knitted, embroidered, or needle pointed, etc., as long as I make/do/create some kind of stitch!  I just decided this on New Year's Eve, and since our New Year's Day activities did not include time in my sewing haven, the stitching I stitched yesterday was of the knitted stitching sort.  I finished a little scarf for a snowman wall hanging and this morning I started another one!  I also hope to squeeze in some time on my sewing machine sometime today, but that's not looking very promising.  Speaking of the snowman wall hangings, I made five, but they were pretty popular and I actually fell behind.   I need to make two more as Christmas presents for this past year, finish three I had already started and make one additional smaller one.  Not thrilled to start the year behind, but I'm going to try to get them all done by January 31st.  Now to post a few things I managed to finish prior to my stitching break.  The stars are paper pieced ornaments, they were fun and I'd like to do more paper piece ornaments this year, a nice use of scraps.  I made this kleenex box wrap with this fun
celestrial fabric.   I was going to make it from butterfly fabric, but after spending two weeks off and on looking for the fabric, I came across the blue and gold and figured that would do!  I think some major organizing and rearranging are in my future.  My last finish for the year was a book purse/tote that one of my nieces asked me to make for her.  She didn't have a specific fabric in mind, just purple and GLITTERY.   She didn't want it too fancy, no pockets or flaps, so without a pattern and just basic guidelines this is what I came up with.  She said she loves it, so I am very happy about that!  Happy Stitching !!
How is this for glittery? 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment