Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hoppy Easter!!












Pretty corny, I know, couldn't resist! Also couldn't resist sharing a photo of one of the best uses of selvedges in a long time! When I went downstairs this morning my Easter Hunny had put out these yummy treats for me, he had wrapped them with selvedges! I love to recycle and hate throwing things away so I save my selvedges! I have used them to tie up batting and QOV quilts to be quilted that are handed out at guild meetings & workshops. I use them to keep my panto patterns together. I keep my panto patterns in an oatmeal container, which are decorated with my daughters artwork when she was 6 or 7 yrs old and I keep the artwork on with selvedges! I used to use rubberbands but they dry rot and fall off. The ball of fluff in the photo with the quilts has a rubberband addiction so we try not to have any in the house at all. I also tie selvedges in the holes of my rulers and to my rotary cutters so they don't get lost when I bring them to classes, workshops etc., it also makes it easier to hang them up. Do you save your selvedges? What do you use them for? I hope you all had a great Easter!


Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment