Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Operation Pillowcase





I ran across this blog while looking at OPAM winner, Wendy F's blog. (Isn't it amazing how one can go from one to blog to another, and another, and yet another, and then forget where you were?) As I am highly distractable to begin with, it doesn't take much for me to get sidetracked, but anyway, Debra is holding a really neat drawing for a beautiful basket. I am going to try to copy the photos and link back to her blog, but we'll see how that goes! I think I've got it Gift Basket Giveaway! This is such a great idea, I can imagine what a morale booster this must be, something so small, yet a reminder of the "real world" as they say


I don't think the photo's are quite where I want them, but at least I have them on. I am quite confident that there was an easier/quicker way to accomplish it, but it is done :) Speaking of done . . . The top photo is of 12 pillowcases that I have completed so far. I would love to say that all 12 pillow cases came from my stash, but in all honesty, I cannot. I went to JoAnne's to pick up some navy blue thread and noticed a 50% off sale on snuggle flannels and . . . well, 9 yards of it somehow found it's way home with me! The good news is that I used 3 2/3 yds from my stash and that all 9 yards of new fabric have been completely used. I worked on one of the 4 QOV's waiting to be bound, will try to do more tonight! Hope all the links work!

No comments:

Post a Comment