Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back from Wisconsin!!



Arrived safely home from our too quick trip to Wisconsin. Spent two days at MT. Olympus water park which was lots of fun and the weather was terrific! Went to Sparta and spent time with former neighbors, spent not nearly enough time at favorite quilt store, Quilt Corner, (actually spent more than time at Quilt Corner, as one can imagine!!) met with friends and was able to go to the farewell party for our favorite pastor who is leaving for another congregation. On the drive home (20 hrs split into two days) I received a phone call from my formerly pregnant niece. Yes, that's right, FORMERLY pregnant niece She wasn't due until September 4th!! They were camping in Maine when her water broke! She was airlifted to Bangor, Maine where she delivered a 3 lb 7 oz, 17" long boy!! He is doing pretty well, considering he is 9 1/2 weeks early! He has a feeding tube, and is on a respirator, but they may be able to remove that in a day or so. What a shock to us all! They live in Massachusetts, so it was an 8 hr trip for my brother and SIL to run up there and see them, they may be able to move the baby to a closer NICU in a couple of weeks, but we'll have to play it by ear until then. I finished binding the Charity Kitty quilt on the way to Wisconsin, but noticed that the stitches on the last two feathers I had done on the border were very loose and the stitching on the back was all loopy - I remember being at the very end of the bobbin, but didn't notice any difference in the feel of it. So I did not present it to the Cat Shelter, I ripped out the stitches and then pinned it back on to the machine and did the feathers again. It took longer to pin it on than it did to do the feathers Crazy! I will just have to send it to them, but it still counts as my charity project completed for this month as well as 8 1/3 yds out for stash reduction! I have not updated my stash in, you know how it is, lots of laundry to catch up on, Twilight Saga marathon movie session to attend, dusty house to clean! Actually I have not been able to bring my self to count it all up, and one of the kits doesn't count, as I will wrap it up as a birthday present for myself. Here are a few pictures of all of my yummy new goodies!! The bolt of fabric I purchased at a reduced cost and is for QOV backings - does that count?? Oh well, all things considering - I am very happy with the amount of finishes I have for such a busy month! Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment