Thursday, February 18, 2010

Another finish, another LUCKY day !!















Thanks to staying up and watching the Olympic Coverage, I finished the binding on the Quilt of Valor quilt in time to bring it with me to the QOV workshop! About 13 other ladies were present, some sewing, ironing, cutting strips, borders, backings, counting or coordinating fabrics ! Plenty of different jobs, so not everyone had to bring their sewing machines. I sewed borders and backings, cut strips into blocks and ironed as needed. Two of the backings I sewed are flannel, which I LOVE, so once those two quilts were completely set and ready to go in the "just waiting on a quilter" pile, I couldn't resist and offered to take those two home to quilt. Now I have three to quilt and put the binding on before March 12th. (Next Guild) The good news is that there is a women in our guild who only likes to bind quilts, so as long as I sew the binding on, she will do the hand sewing part and sew it down. YAY!! I get sooo far behind on the bindings sometimes, it is nice to know that if I need the help, it is there! There was a drawing for a lovely "snap bag" filled with 4 fat quarters, and with the directions on how to make more snap bags (in 3 different sizes), and you guessed it - I won the drawing!! I was sooooooo surprised when they called my name whoo hooo! I made one of these at a Moda U class in Wisconsin a few years ago, but couldn't find my directions - so I am thrilled to have won this, and I am putting the directions in a binder right away! What a cute & handy way to use up bits of scraps - I will have to put these on my "to do" list. Now I'm off to JoAnne fabrics to get some plain green so I can bind the rail fence. I will be able to easily resist temptation as I have received 4 beautiful fat quarters without having to count them as incoming for my stash count!


No comments:

Post a Comment