Wednesday, February 10, 2010

QOV Finished!




The Quilt of Valor is completely finished in plenty of time before Guild meets on Friday! It wasn't too big or bulky so it was easy to take it along for DD's skating lessons and guitar lessons. This time of year & given our unusually cold/snowy weather, it's nice to have something warm on your lap to work on! The blue quilt WAS the stack blue strips on the dresser in one of the pictures from Feb 4th post. I finished quilting it last night and sewed the binding on today, it will be my next T.V./lesson take along project. I used very thin 80/20 batting, so it will be easy to work on during DD's lessons. The pattern is Candy Cane Lane by Marcia Lasher for Eleanor Burns' book Christmas at Bear's Paw Ranch. It's one of my favorite quilts to do because it showcases alot of fabrics, it's soooooo fast and easy and a GREAT way to use up my stash! I guess I won't adjust my stash count until it's an actual finish. Can't take credit for the fabric usage for the QOV - but it counts as a finish, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment